|Marine Forces Special Operations Command|
|Active||24 February 2006 – present|
|Country||United States of America|
|Branch||United States Marine Corps|
|Size||3,195 positions authorized:
|Part of||U.S. Special Operations Command|
|Garrison/HQ||Camp Lejeune, North Carolina|
|Motto(s)||"Always Faithful, Always Forward"|
|March||"MARSOC Always Faithful, Always Forward"|
|Anniversaries||7 September 2015|
|Engagements||War on Terror
|Commander||MajGen Matthew G. Trollinger|
|Sergeant Major||SgtMaj Anthony J. Loftus|
|Command Master Chief||MCPO Joseph Martin|
|see List of commanders|
United States Marine Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) is a component command of the United States Special Operations Command (SOCOM) that comprises the Marine Corps' contribution to SOCOM. Its core capabilities are direct action, special reconnaissance and foreign internal defense. MARSOC has also been directed to conduct counter-terrorism and information operations.
- SOCOM Public Affairs (2014). SOCOM Fact Book 2014 (PDF). SOCOM Public Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 December 2013.
- "SPECIAL OPERATIONS FORCES: Opportunities Exist to Improve Transparency of Funding and Assess Potential to Lessen Some Deployments" (PDF). General Accounting Office. Retrieved 30 June 2017.
- "More U.S. troops are being wounded in Iraq and Syria, the Pentagon quietly acknowledges". Military Times. 5 January 2017.
- "Leading over 800 enemy kills to guiding elite forces: These Marines were honored for combat ops". Marine Corps Times. 7 May 2018.
- "Marine Forces Special Operations Command". Marine Forces Special Operations Command. Retrieved 26 April 2020.
- Hejlik, Major General Dennis J; Gilmore, Major Cliff W; Ingram, Sergeant Major Matthew P (August 2006). "Special Operations Marines and the Road Ahead". Marine Corps Gazette. Marine Corps Association. ISSN 0025-3170.