|Founded||21 September 1894in then Austria-Hungary (now the Czech Republic)|
|Founder||Antonín Baťa |
|Products||Footwear and accessories|
The Bata Corporation (known as Bata, and in the Czech Republic and Slovakia, known as Baťa) is a multinational footwear, apparel and fashion accessories manufacturer and retailer of Moravian (Czech) origin, headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland.
The corporation is one of the world's leading shoemakers by volume with 150 million pairs of shoes sold annually. It has a retail presence of over 5,300 shops in more than 70 countries across five continents and 21 production facilities in 18 countries. Bata is an employer to over 32,000 people globally.
A family-owned business for over 125 years, the company is organized into three business units: Bata, Bata Industrials (safety shoes) and AW Lab (sports style). Bata is a portfolio company with more than 20 brands and labels, such as Bata, North Star, Power, Bubblegummers, Weinbrenner, Sandak, and Toughees.
- Dinger, Ed (2006). International Directory of Company Histories. Gale. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
Bata began to reorganize the company, essentially running the business out of Switzerland.
- "Thomas G. Bata | The IMD Global Family Business Award". globalfamilybusinessaward.com. Archived from the original on 28 August 2018. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- Female (Malaysia) (1 September 2017). "WHO: Thomas George Bata, Chairman, who's the third generation Bata family member to lead the company". pressreader.com. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- "Sandeep Kataria has been elevated as the Global CEO of Bata".
- s.r.o, Minion Interactive. "Love living in Batas". Bata Corporation. Retrieved 19 July 2022.